Thursday 5 May 2011

Melbourne the city of Love

So it's been another beautiful day in the city of Brisbane. Just noticing the slightly cooler weather.
Been talking to my old friend Keryn from Melbourne. ahh what a lovely place Melbourne sounds. So I declared to my good friend who I shared a house with in Byron Bay in 2005 that I would visit her in Melbourne for my 36th birthday. It's a great idea. I've never been and although I'm not a fan of flying, it's only an hour and a bit flight. I think I'd like to go in January when the weather is warmer and of course the famous Australian Open is on then which is my favourite sport of all time 'Tennis'. Oh yeah I love watching the tennis and playing tennis when I'm not throwing my racquet after not getting my serve in.

Just skyped Keryn and we chatted about all things, but mainly about on-line dating, being single and where to meet the one, the great mystery of all - (finding a soul mate). You see the one thing me and Keryn have in common is being single... yes yes yes... It's great to know I'm not the only one alive that is single and looking for love in the city. Thank you Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City for being my one and only saviour and helping me through my days of singledom. 




Keryn and I both give each other comfort and say supportive things to one another like. It's alright you'll find that guy, he's around the corner or something like that. At least we don't spray those cliques~ 'when you love yourself, someone will love you' or 'when you least expect it it will happen' or the worst of all 'there's plenty of fish in the sea' arrrrgggghhhh... I don't know how many times I have heard that one.

It's hard to stay cool, calm and collected about being single when everyone is asking you 'have you found a boyfriend yet'.... Found a boyfriend?? How come I have to find one. Why can't this guy come fishing and look for me wherever he is.... :) On that note, I'm going to go watch some more sex and the city because it's my chocolate ice-cream and I love it.... Good night~

No comments:

Post a Comment